POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Fairy lights (PS. I'M BAAAACK!!!) : Re: Fairy lights (thanks!) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:29:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fairy lights (thanks!)
From: Andrew Coppin
Date: 3 Jan 2003 15:10:34
Message: <3e15ee3a@news.povray.org>
Thanks everybody. Was just wondering why this effect occurs. I've noticed
that when I blink the patterns of light scattering change, so I'm thinking
maybe it's the film of water on the surface of my eyes that does it...
Whatever it is, you're all quite right - either scattering media or (more
efficiently) emission will sort of simulate it.

While we're on the subject... Why DO cameras get lense flare? Just
curiose...

See ya's around ;-)
Andrew.

PS. My current WIP is a Single Image Picture Sterogram (SIPS). Don't know if
it'll be any good mind you...